Consistent and thorough monitoring of plant nutrients is essential to maintaining healthy growth and reproduction. This is easy with the HI83325, a comprehensive way to monitor vital plant nutrients such as potassium, calcium and magnesium. Required in large quantities, potassium plays a vital role in water uptake and enzyme regulation. Calcium helps to strengthen plant cell walls protecting against heat stress while magnesium helps build a strong immune system.
A digital pH electrode input allows the user to measure pH by a traditional glass electrode. The digital pH electrode has a built in microchip within the probe that stores all of the calibration information. Having the calibration information stored in the probe allows for hot swapping of pH electrodes without having to recalibrate. All pH measurements are automatically compensated for temperature variations with a built in thermistor located in the tip of the sensing bulb for fast and accurate temperature measurement.
The HI83325 offers an absorbance measuring mode that allows for CAL CheckTM standards to be used to validate the performance of the system. The absorbance mode allows the user to select one of the three wavelengths of light (420 nm, 466 nm, and 525 nm) to measure and plot their own concentration versus absorbance mode. This is useful for users with their own chemical method and for educators to teach the concept of absorbance by using the Beer-Lambert Law.
Two USB ports are provided for transferring data to a flash drive or computer and to use as a power source for the meter. For added convenience and portability the meter can also operate on an internal 3.7 VDC Lithium-polymer rechargeable battery.
Please note, reagents are not included and can be purchased here.
Features and Benefits
Digital pH Electrode Input
- Measure pH and temperature with a single probe
- Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) to track calibration information including date, time, buffers used, offset and slope for traceability
- pH CAL CheckTM alerts user to potential problems during the calibration process
- Space saving having a pH meter and photometer built into one meter
- Up to 1000 photometric and pH readings can be stored by simply pressing the dedicated LOG button. Logged readings are just as easily recalled by pressing the RCL button
- Sample ID and User ID information can be added to a logged reading using alphanumeric keypad
- Logged readings can be quickly and easily transferred to a flash drive using the USB-A host port or to a computer using the micro USB-B port
- Data is exported as a .CSV file for use with common spreadsheet programs
Battery Status Indicator
- Indicates the amount of battery life left
- Photometric error messages include no cap, high zero, and standard too low
- pH calibration messages include clean electrode, check buffer and check probe
Backlit 128 x 64 Pixel Graphic LCD Display
- Backlit graphic display allows for easy viewing in low light conditions
- The 128 x 64 Pixel LCD allows for a simplified user interface with virtual keys and on-screen help to guide the user through use of the meter
Built-in Reaction Timer for Photometric Measurements
- The measurement is taken after the countdown timer expires.
- Countdown timer ensures that all readings are taken at the appropriate reaction intervals regardless of user for better consistency in measurements
- Hanna’s exclusive CAL CheckTM cuvettes for validation of light source and detector
- Allows for the user to plot concentration versus absorbance for a specific wavelength for use with user supplied chemistry or for teaching principles of photometry
Units of Measure
- Appropriate unit of measure along with chemical form is displayed along with reading
- Automatically convert readings to other chemical forms with the touch of a button
- Aids in preventing stray light from affecting measurements
We believe that analytical testing should be simple. Each HI83325 Nutrient Analysis Photometer is supplied with necessary accessories in durable carrying case, including:
- Sample Cuvette and Cap (4 pcs.)
- Cloth for Wiping Cuvettes
- USB Cable
- 5 Vdc Power Adapter
- Instruction Manual
- Quality Certificate
- 100 mL plastic graduated beaker with cap
- 170 mL plastic graduated beaker
- 3 mL plastic pipette
- 5 mL graduated syringe
- 60 mL graduated syringe
- graduated cylinder
- filter paper
- demineralizer bottle for 10 L of water
- activated carbon for 50 tests
|5 LEDs with 420 nm, 466 nm, 525 nm, 575 nm, and 610 nm narrow band interference filters
|1 pH electrode input and 5 photometer wavelengths
|digital pH electrode (not included)
|log on demand with user name and sample ID optional input
|USB-A host for flash drive; micro-USB-B for power and computer connectivity
|calibration data for connected pH electrode
|128 x 64 pixel LCD with backlight
|Battery Type / Life
|3.7 VDC Li-polymer rechargeable battery / >500 photometric measurements or 50 hours of continuous pH measurement
|5 VDC USB 2.0 power adapter with USB-A to micro-USB-B cable (included)
|0 to 50.0 oC (32 to 122.0 oF); 0 to 95% RH, non-condensing
|206 x 177 x 97 mm (8.1 x 7.0 x 3.8″)
|1.0 kg (2.2 lbs.)
|Photometer/Colorimeter Light Detector
|round, 24.6 mm
|Number of Methods
|Supplied with sample cuvettes and caps (4 ea.), cloth for wiping cuvettes, USB to micro USB cable connector, power adapter and instruction manual.
|*Reagents are not included.